Thursday, August 9, 2012

And So It Begins

I have officially survived my first 2 days of work! Unfortunately, I don't have tons of exciting stories to report yet. The Beginning Teacher Institute included mostly introductory speeches (learning about Loudoun County's ideals/goals and the mentor program), group discussions, breakout sessions with our fellow new teachers, and plenty of networking. It was nice to bond with other nervous newbies, especially those that will be at my school. The best thing that came from this first phase was a strong sense of community and support. This district makes it impossible for its educators (particularly new teachers) to feel alone or stranded. I am excited to start collaborating with my 4th grade team in the coming days, where I'm positive I will find even more support, outreach, and overwhelming kindness.

Tomorrow I finally get to start setting up my classroom! Stay tuned for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment